What to Expect after a New Filling, Crown, or Bridge
After you new restoration is placed, there are a few items that you should be aware of:
1) If you were anesthetized, the numbness will last approximately 2-4 hours. Please be careful to avoid biting your lip, tongue or cheek while numb. Also, avoid hot coffee or other beverages while numb.
2) It is common to experience soreness in the jaw around the site of the injection. If this doesn't go away within 3-4 days, please let our office know.
3) If you have sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, it is usually transient and should go away within a couple of days and up to a couple of weeks.
4) If you experience a sensation that your teeth are not coming together properly or it feels "high", please call our office for a simple adjustment.
5) If you experience any severe pain or swelling, please let us know.
6) Advil, Motrin or Aleve is the recommended medication for any of these symptoms.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (704) 487-7391